Follow these instructions to reset your password using Self Service Password Reset.
NOTE: If your password has already expired, you will be prompted to reset on next login when accessing any Microsoft 365 Web Service.
1) Access Microsoft’s Self-Service Password Reset. Here you will enter your e-mail address, followed by CAPTCHA.
2) Next, you will be asked if you forgot your password OR if you know it and can't sign in. Select "I forgot my password" and click next. This will allow you to reset password.
3) You will be prompted to confirm your second factor authentication method such as text message, call, or Microsoft Authenticator App. Below are screenshots of using either text message/call, or the authentication app.
Microsoft Authenticator App (This will be prompted on your phone)
4) Finally, you will be prompted to enter your new password
Your password must follow these rules:
- At least 12 characters in length but no more than 20 characters
- At least 1 uppercase character (in additon to lowercase)
- 2 of the following:
- 1 Number
- 1 Symbol
- Password cannot be one of your last 10 recently used passwords
5) You are now complete
Have an issue or concern?