Data Loss Prevention
ITS is implementing Data Loss Prevention (DLP) to protect data and build awareness about information security at Loyola. Data loss prevention is a way for the University to monitor, identify, and reduce the accidental release of sensitive information found in emails and Office 365 files. For examples of Loyola sensitive and protected data, see the Data Classification policy.
Data Loss Prevention will help classify and protect MS Office 365 documents and Outlook emails by applying sensitivity labels. In Office 365, a label is associated to a document and then stored as a sensitivity property on it. Once saved, DLP classification labels will remain with the document, whether shared internally or externally.
- Ensures that data is managed in a uniform manner across the University.
- Warns users about disclosing confidential data outside the University.
- Monitors the usage of and secures data according to the Loyola Data Classification Policy.
- DLP Overview Video for an overview of the benefits of DLP.
- DLP Application Uses Video for step-by-step visual instructions applying DLP.
- For Personal Devices, Install the DLP Client
-Navigate to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=53018.
-If prompted, download and save the file “AzInfoProtection_UL.exe”. The download may also begin automatically.
-Open this file and follow the prompts to install the software.